[pianotech] rep spring lubricant....

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 30 09:01:28 MDT 2010

Hmmm? I tend to disagree, if the slot is "naked/bare/whatever". What, exactly would you "burnish" with? Why? What are you acomplishing by doing this "burnishing"? IMO, the brass spring will do it's own "burnishing". The best situation, I've found is to have sufficient resistance in the balancier pinning. (3 to 6 grams), and, a CLEAN spring & groove. This has proven to give the most even/lasting results for me. Of course, YMMV.<G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I