[pianotech] rep spring lubricant....

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Fri Jul 30 11:43:08 MDT 2010

What I found surprising was that this phenomenon could occur in
pianos only 4 years old. Joe, are there any manufacturers not using
some kind of lubricant (whether emralon, dag, or something else) in
spring grooves? They all seem to have something in there. Do you
think just cleaning out the grooves (during restoration or even
regulation work, esp. on older pianos) and polishing the spring is
the best course?

Allen