[pianotech] Tuning for violin teacher

CHARLES BECKER cbeckercpt at verizon.net
Sat Jul 31 15:03:05 MDT 2010

Thank you all for the input.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: pianofritz50 at aol.com
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2010 2:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Tuning for violin teacher

  Even better, a CAUT told me that his string department really likes his piano tunings (I'll keep his name out of this).

  What I heard is: they do NOT know is that the temperament he sets is a 1/7 Comma Meantone, where the 5th are a bit more pure, etc.  (Me, I've played the violin since I was about 4, so I can "identify" w/ the teacher & his ET piano.)

  Take a look at it in: http://www.rollingball.com/images/Romieu.gif
  Also review the article Peter Serkin PTJournal Feb 2010 p23 article.

  PS  For more on this "interesting topic" read the book "How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony" http://www.powells.com/biblio/71-0393062279-0

  Fiddlin' Away...  Bill Fritz, St Louis