[pianotech] Gordon Laughead spinet with lifter wire issues

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Fri Jun 4 07:08:20 MDT 2010

Rob,
I have tuned several G L, but consoles and studio.  As Tom said, usually in
a fork like that you have a rubber (neoprene) grommet below the dowel.
Apparently a previous tech switch out the rubber (that was probably as hard
as a rock and noisy) with the dowels you noted.  Schaff had the rubber donut
grommets (page 130, item # 3784) or you could replace the wood dowel with
the Square Rubber Grommets (which have a nut in them) (page 130 #3785).

Ken Gerler