[pianotech] Piano Union

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Sun Jun 6 12:19:12 MDT 2010

David,

I recently tuned / regulated / voiced a small 1937 Chickering grand for
a Menlo Park owner. He said he bought the piano from a company who
rebuilds pianos in Juarez, Mexico (Piano Union sounds right) which
employs the workers of a former piano manufacturer (Mason & Hamlin?
Baldwin?). The piano played like a White Freightliner and I had to move
the capstans 5 mm to get a decent action ratio for the new hammers, but
overall a satisfactory rebuild with emphasis on appearance.

No info on SAMA except both are located in Juarez and have current websites.

Tom Cole