[pianotech] Fire hose failure!

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jun 12 08:44:20 MDT 2010

David Love wrote:
> Yes, in the hose itself.

Ouch! I just replaced my old clamps, using 2"x4" aluminum
instead of the maple in the original, and kept the old hoses.
They still seem fine. I used a polyester (no outer coating)
hose with a clear urethane inner coating, and something like a
250 or 300psi rating. Mine came from a fire fighter supply
locally, but it's just mill hose under another name.

Sounds like the lining in yours has deteriorated. Is it rubber?