[pianotech] Pianodisc QuietTime

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Tue Jun 15 17:43:28 MDT 2010

Ok Ryan, those finger things are TFT strips.  Touch Film Technology.  The faster you bend them, the greater the electronic pulse it creates.  They need to be preloaded by about 3 to 5 mm.  This is done by tilting the entire strip accomplished by adding shims under the mounts.  I've used center rail punchings for this.  Make sure the previously mentioned action regulation and system alignments are done first.

As for the mylar strip from PianoDisc, for me to explain the functions verbally would be a huge bunch of chatter.  The strip is the length of the keyboard.  It has printed on it the sequences of keys you press to enter the software of the TFT hardware so you can adjust the attack curves, volume differences between sharps and naturals, and a choice few other things.  Providing you did a real smart job of installing the player and have aligned it well, you may be experiencing an over sensitive attack curve.  You can't get good results if the player isn't installed properly!!

I've been thinking of taking a picture of this strip and adding it to my website.  It's on a rather long list of things I'd rather do like kayaking with fine babes in unusually high water around the area.

Lar