[pianotech] First Saws, Table vs. Band (Was: Damper Upstop Rail Missing)

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Thu Jun 17 08:32:57 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Tom Driscoll <tomtuner at verizon.net> wrote:
> OK ,OK , OK ---I've been unanimously overruled on the  --  get a table saw suggestion--

More discussion, please!  What makes the band saw more useful for
pianotechs, fabricating small wood parts?  Cutting pinblock slabs?
I'd also like to do some general wood working, and a table saw was on
the top of my list.  Well, it's been rotating with band saw and drill
press depending on what I'd like to do this week, but you get the
idea.

Jim