[pianotech] HTML coding in archives

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jun 17 09:08:48 MDT 2010

Dean May wrote:
> So most people don't post in plain text. Is this new information?

Of course not. I'm not the one griping about HTML in the
archives, you are.

> Do you think it is going to change?

I don't know, will it? I see you posted this in plain text.
Why would you do that, when the HTML experience is so necessary?

>Personally I like postings with pictures
> embedded. It's a big help.

I've always posted in plain text, and have often included
pictures. Why is plain text such a burden?

> If most people don't post in plain text I guess I have to wonder why the
> archives are set up the way they are.

Probably because plain text is the simplest universal medium,
that isn't interpreted differently by every browser and email
client out there. We can actually read plain text looking at
the raw source. Oddly enough, information contained in plain
text doesn't seem to become better information with the
addition of big letters and colors. Since lists like this are
about and for information (at least they are for me), I can't
help but wonder why so many insist on HTML when it doesn't add
substance and really annoys some of them when they look for
something in archives that are full of what they posted.

But then a lot of things confuse me.
Ron N