[pianotech] WNG Parts Question

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 13:12:08 MDT 2010

In a message dated 6/24/2010 7:00:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ngravagne at gmail.com writes:

Now,  just to be clear: let's say you applied your "fix" to a whip wherein
the  hammer rise out of check was much too strong and difficult to regulate.
So,  applying the '"fix" only, with no other regulation at all, not only
slowed  down the cranky hammer rise, but at the same time made further
adjustment (and  hopefully little of that) of the spring more sure and more
"normal". Is that  right?

Because if it is, then the fix also maintains a snappy jack, as  well as a
properly spring-loaded system from check. Good news! (Uh, except for  all
the extra work we now have to do on new parts!)
Boy, do I agree wholeheartedly! Except that the "extra work" maybe might
oughta be WNG's fix?

And, as well, with the 4:1 ratio (rep to jack) of spring strength, the jack
 ought to be consistently snappy now.

Paul