[pianotech] Bally's

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Mon Jun 28 07:17:16 MDT 2010

Ed,

I agree that this Bally's South tower rooms (which are on the North end of
the hotel complex - figure that out!) are not the nicest I've been in. My
first room was in pretty poor condition, but I moved after the first night
and got one much better on a higher floor.  If it's not too much hassle, you
could ask them to move you, because now (Monday) a lot of non-PTG people
will be checking out.

Take it from someone who is on the road a lot: I've had experiences like you
are having, where things just seem to come together in a bad way and the
little annoyances pile on top of one another to make it seem not worth it.
But it does pay off to complain (in a nice way) sometimes.  Don't wait in
the regular registration line, though - just go the "Platinum" line to let
them know the room isn't good.  At the least, the should fix things that are
broken.

I've been annoyed by the restaurant prices as well, and with my schedule
here (and my 'Company Man' suit and tie clothing) it's not practical to head
outside to eat meals.  It's, um, REALLY hot outside!   The 'Nosh" restaurant
has some good deals, and I've been having a simple Bagel breakfast  I'm
going to check on that "Ellis Island" restaurant - thanks, Paul.

I hope you will come to the banquet and stay for the piano concert
afterwards!  Some great music played by a great pianist, John Chen.

Don Mannino