[pianotech] Raising rates in recession

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon Jun 28 09:51:54 MDT 2010

Chuck, I think your reorganization is excellent. There's obviously
one thing you've learned from your 37 years of experience: you
understand your clientele, and how they will react to hard times.

I think that in the future, once oil depletion and the trouble in the
Gulf work their ways through the system, that cutting down your
yearly mileage will be a very profitable move.

I'm "enjoying" a forced holiday, possibly for six months (now two
months in) from a bout of Guillain Barre Syndrome (Miller Fisher
variant), which totally sucks, but supposedly people get over it. It
has had me thinking about what kind of business I want (and will be
fit for) once I begin tuning again. This punctuation mark seems to
offer me a chance to get caught up with everything -- house, garden,
paper, rest -- and instead of getting shoved  from one urgent task to
another, with exhaustion in between, I think it's time to stay caught
up, with time to smell (and water) the roses.

Susan Kline