[pianotech] business

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:20:38 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 6:46 AM, Marshall Gisondi
<pianotune05 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> My question is, how long does it take to get from ground zero to the moon
> where Jer is working so far in advance?  :-)  I think I'm doing all the
> right things, yet I'm not booked in advance.  I pray every day that God will
> supply work for the next week and then I do my part of course.  I do my best
> when I tune/service. I even look for ways to add to my income i.e. the piano
> dismantling job which I had last Friday.  Perhaps I've done the things that
> some might mention to drum jup business, it doesn't hurt to review them
> again.   So my question is, what is the secret to the Chinese proverb Jer in
> getting more business and booking in advance.  Please send the fortune
> cookie so I can read it. :-)  Thanks
> Marshall
>
> Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
> Marshall's Piano Service
> *pianotune05 at hotmail.com*
> 215-510-9400
> *www.phillytuner.com *
> Graduate of The School of Piano Technology for the Blind
> www.pianotuningschool.org Vancouver, WA
>

> ------------------------------
> The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get
> started.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3>

Hi Marshall,

The secret Chinese proverb is........... there isn't one! I just came from
the home of a Chinese emigre so new to the country he's still working on
getting his visa. He arrived here on his fiance visa, got married & is now
waiting for the feds to approve him. If there were a proverb he would know
it.

I have built my clientele by being "willing"! I'm willing to tune that free
piano, the Acrosonic with the warped keys, the old upright 179c flat AND the
S&S "M" with verdigris shipped from Connecticut to Wisconsin by my
customer's mother, The Boston 218 played by the church pianist who has her
doctorate in piano, the Kawai GS-60 used by various professionals (George
Winston, Freddie Cole, Jim Brickman) when they play in town, etc. etc.

In other words, I tune & service them ALL, no job is too small, dirty, or
beneath me or too late in the day, on a Sunday(if necessary)for the pro's.
My point is to make yourself available when others aren't, to go that extra
little bit, do something extra, write it on the bill & don't charge for it.
So the customer knows you did it & were a nice guy & didn't charge.
I usually tighten bench bolts but I weigh 300lbs so it's for my safety as
much as theirs! <g>

Keep pluggin' Marshall, it's worth it!

Mike

--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

   Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service