[pianotech] Further explanation: How long do unisons hold?

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 09:45:50 MST 2010

The instability I observe on the cruise ship C3s I think are due to
climate changes in the room and how hard the piano is played. In the
main atrium there are no lights shining on the pianos and the music
played is soft background music - these pianos are always very stable.
The other end of the spectrum are the piano bar pianos - they get
wailed on (and sometimes I think women dance on the strings with high
heels!), spilled on and intense HOT lights shine on and off the piano
- these pianos are always a mess.

Terry Farrell