[pianotech] Brumbach Rebuild

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Nov 1 20:27:07 MDT 2010

>My guess is that if you increase the spread and move the stack
>further back on the frame (distally) the ML will fall into place.

Error. That's not right. You'd need to raise the wippen rail some to get
the ML on course. At present, with the hammer suspended at half-blow,
the angle of the wippen appears too high. Rail height will also set
the jack 90 degrees (thereabouts) to the shank at rest position.

Usually once you get the elevations and spread in order you will
be on track. There'll be a lot of sampling.  Goiod luck.
--

Regards,

Jon Page