[pianotech] Mapes Intl. vs Rolau

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 2 21:58:19 MDT 2010

Roger said: "
Subject: [pianotech] Mapes Inter.Gold vs. Roslau

I'm sure this subject has been discussed before, but I would like the list members opinion of Mapes International Gold wire verses Roslau.
Roger:
My personal choice would be Roslau. The mapes wire seems a bit brittle, (for lack of a better term). It seems, also, to produce a brighter tone, which I reallyy do not like.
Just my take on it. I think I have some Mapes wire around here somewhere. I don't intend to use it for anything serious.
Regards,
Joe

P. S.
It's nice to be back, discussing pianos, etc.
<G>

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I