[pianotech] Federal spending (OT!)

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Nov 3 10:55:45 MDT 2010

On 11/3/2010 9:17 AM, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> Actually, it was "the military-industrial-congressional complex" that
> Eisenhower warned us about---until his speech writers talked him out
> of that last word as being too politically dangerous.  He was right,
> though.
>
> ddf

Yes, he was right. Too bad he gave in to them during his two terms in
office, and just issued the warning on his way out the door.

In the discussion of discretionary versus mandated spending, the
elephant in the room unmentioned by people talking about Social
Security, welfare, Medicare, etc. was interest on the debt, which is
huge and growing. In the end it may eat all discretionary spending, and
start tucking into the mandated spending, too.

We should take warning, and expect nothing much in government payments
in the future, IMO, not even "earned" ones like Social Security.
Forewarned is forearmed.

Susan