[pianotech] shorter final tuning time with pitch raises; forearm smash

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:06:00 MDT 2010

I must agree with Ed here. Besides the "cats meowing" (love that term), I tune some pianos where (mostly in the bass) the initial attack is flat, sometimes shape and even some notes that starts flat, go sharp then settles in. Or in reverse. I think you need about 2 seconds to determine whether the pitch is dead on or not. I usually go with the 2 second rule to be sure that each note is where is should be.

Al -
High Point, NC