[pianotech] finger smudges

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 5 18:13:40 MDT 2010

Hi Zoe, Bruce:
	On wood cases, I recommend Murphy's Oil Soap, mixed with water.  Very
small amount per gallon.  It won't leave it looking streaked and dry.  I
would recommend Cory's Hi Gloss polish for shiny polyester finishes.  Just
be sure to use only cotton cloths to pick up the excess.  If you don't have
any, you can use anything that's good for plastic like Gel-Gloss (in the
supermarket, used for shower stalls), Meguiars Mirror Glaze products, and
in a pinch you can use car wax- but NOT clean-and-wax which contain
abrasives.  If you use Windex and other glass cleaners, it will leave
streaks.
	Been there, scratched that.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego