[pianotech] tuning

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 18:59:17 MDT 2010

    I don't think attraction of dirt is the threat so much as
the possibility that liquids could wander up to the tuning pins
and into the pinblock, which seems unlikely to me, unless one is
aiming a spray can right at the pins.  But on very rusty bass
strings, I have used Protek or WD-40 sprayed into a bottle cap,
then used a toothpick, not an eyedropper, to dip into the bottle
cap and just touch the contact point between string and upper
bridge (or nut) pin or pressure bar.
    By the way, it's 'summary,' 'summarize,' not 'summer,' which
is a season.  If English is not your native language, you're
excused.
    --David Nereson, RPTG