[pianotech] tuning

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Nov 6 10:59:23 MDT 2010

On 11/6/2010 11:25 AM, John Formsma wrote:
> Groan...
>
> On Saturday, November 6, 2010, David Love<davidlovepianos at comcast.net>  wrote:
>> You mean anything you spray can and will be used against you.

Hey, I liked it!

I must say though, that I never cared for the general impression that a
tuner must, should, or even can (spray or otherwise), lubricate V bars
before tuning. If the piano is serviceable, it's not necessary, and I've
tuned some pretty woolly-stringed PSOs without it. What should be a very
last resort, if it's considered at all, has no business being on the
short list of things reached for first.

Ron N