[pianotech] Finish on finish

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 7 08:58:28 MST 2010

Hi, Doug:
    I'd love to learn more about your french polishing technique.  I've tried doing this with Mohawk products, but always ended up with ugly streaks.  They have a product called an amalgamator, which supposedly does what you are doing- filling in alligatored/checked/whatevered old finishes, but  I've not had any luck with it at all.  I do all kinds of touchup on finishes, but never got into the strip and refinish routine.  Sure would be nice if you had a video up on You Tube or something to look at and see how you do it.  Where do you get your Konig products from?
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego