[pianotech] metrovac and blo

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 21:52:10 MST 2010

I have the smallest Metro vac and it is great. They all have the same motor
size.  It has more power than my shop vac and I carry it and the hose and
attachments in a plastic folding top lug box. It is a box about the size of
the post office boxes. You need to carry an extension cord too as it has a 1
foot cord for some reason. Also get a cheap nylon 4 inch paint brush to
clean sound boards. Use it by  working the bristles  down through the
strings on a grand and loosen up the dirt on the board while vacuuming.  Get
a brush with the longest bristles. Nothing fancy, it gets ragged after a few
uses.
I also carry a microfiber wand that is sold for cleaning under
refrigerators. It is about 2 feet long with lots of flaps on the sides. I
fit it on a long plastic wand as long as the steel wands sold for soundboard
cleaning. The plastic does not scratch the soundboard.  It is great for
light dusting of sound boards.

Douglas Gregg
Classic Piano Doc