[pianotech] reschedule

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 06:12:58 MST 2010

Hi Jack,

I don't always charge extra, depending on if I happen to be there anyway for
something else but when I do I will raise my rates for emergency work by
about 50% for the inconvenience.

I try and schedule my concert work through each semester.  It avoids much of
this.  They know what is going on through the end of the semester by the
beginning of September.

I rarely cancel one client for another no matter what the venue. The first
client is already booked and planning on me.   I don't feel that it is good
business or fair for them.  They will tire of it sooner or later if it
happens often.  The other client should have called sooner.  Besides, I'm
already booked through the 2nd week in January.  I have no time to
reschedule someone elsewhere.  "One person's emergency doesn't not
constitute an emergency on another person's part."  But, I will get it done
somehow, either during my lunch hour or after hours if I can.

Jer