[pianotech] Wood over soundboard ribs

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 09:02:53 MST 2010

   But of course! or duh! :)

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com

> As Ron N. has often said . I'll paraphrase...if you remove something
> that is supposed to be a design feature and the change is undetectable
> then was it? Ie. bells...ring bridge..etc

Yes, but... I guarantee that you can hear the difference between one of my Ds with a separate bass bridge, low tenor transition, and no wrapped trichords, and a stock D with a ring bridge. Same with the bell. Put in a mass loaded belly rail brace, or braces, and a real nose bolt, and the treble comes to life.

Ron N