[pianotech] 'D' Type Spring & Loop Grand Action Regulation

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 13:18:34 MST 2010

Hello Mark,

     The so called ( D spring ) is applied to more than  one action.
M. Schultz used one built by The Thayer Action Co Of Chicago.
another is  W. P. Haines.
  So I would think the best thing to do is pictures--pictures.

     Both of the above mentioned  actions (  models )  are on display
in the  PTGF. Museum at the Home Office in K.C.

Generally speaking,,,  if a Grand action has no repetition lever
adjust it as you would an upright. ie. hammer shank  resting on
the hammer rail felt.  And lubricate well.

    I wish you success,,,  and hope this helps. Let us  know.

   Regards
   Jack Wyatt

In a message dated 11/8/2010 11:35:38 A.M. Central Standard Time,