[pianotech] Safety issues of Acrilikey Monomer

rjwag at pacifier.com rjwag at pacifier.com
Mon Nov 8 20:57:53 MST 2010

Hi All,

I apologize for having missed this thread.

The chemical name for the monomer used in Acrylikey II kits is METHYL
METHACRYLATE MONOMER (INHIBITED) FLAMMABLE LIZUID UN 1247.

Here is a link to the CDC-NIOSH information for it:
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npg/npgd0426.html

As Joe said, it is not a particular health hazard, but do follow
instructions and precautions (e.g., good ventilation and use of the
included gloves in the kit to prevent skin contact).

Thanks for using Acrylikey!

Mike Wagner
Wagner Technical L.L.C.

p.s.  Pianotek is our distributor, but you can also order kits or
components directly from me as well (503) 697-9254.

single substance. Here's a primer: http://tinyurl.com/2fr5ywj

> I won't attempt to summarize or characterize its contents.
>
> -- Mark Schecter
>

> On Nov 2, 2010, at 4:37 AM, "Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft"
> <AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's an Acrylic Monomer. It's right in the name.
>> Al -
>> High Point, NC
MSDS or Materials Safety Data Sheet. Distributors are not, as far as I
know, required to carry them, but manufacturers are, and also must
provide them on demand.
>>> http://www.msdsonline.com/
>>> Paul
>>> In a message dated 11/1/2010 8:10:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
skline at peak.org writes:
>>> Thanks, Joe
>>> You wouldn't happen to remember the exact name of the monomer? I can
of
>>> course contact Pianotek to get it.
>>> Susan
a direct health hazard. I used to have the Safety Sheets on this
product, but can't seem to find them at the moment. If you need to
have ALL of the pertinent data regarding this, please contact
Pianotek. Since they are the authorized distributor of this product,
they are required to have the Safety Sheets, (forget the abreviation
of this sheet that all refer to), available to any/all who request
it.
possibly cause skin irritations. Of course, normal ventilation
procedures, that all of us should use, when working with solvents,
etc., do apply. As I recall, there is no evidence of this stuff
causing problems, like          say.....Polyester Touchup solutions
that are extremely cacinogenic when in a liquid form. We should all
have the information before casting doubts about this and other
products we use. I would say that the recent request for th e list of
"nasties" should include this product. As always, it only takes one
Henny Penny to say "The Sky is Falling!".<G>