[pianotech] String Covers

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 9 12:07:58 MST 2010

Judi makes beautiful covers.  It just takes a veery long time to get them.  I like Dawson's covers.  Very fast turnaround, good customer service, good prices.  I've made them myself, but that was when I had more time than work. It isn't easy making all those battens to velcro onto the bottom of the cover. You can make your own without battens and save $$$, but make sure you use felt with wool content.  Use button magnets to stretch the felt taut, putting the magnets on top of the cover at the struts.  Or use monofilament.
Paul McCloud
San Diego