[pianotech] Baldwin Vertical string gauge

Carlos Ralon ceralon at comcast.net
Wed Nov 10 05:00:10 MST 2010

Help,
Does anyone have the original string gauge of the Baldwin (I think model 243, s.n. 321196 labels were removed) vertical? It has 58 treble unisons. This is the model with the one piece desk and lid, about 20 plus years old. John Travis' book says string gauges were cast into the Baldwin Wickham plates. After gauging the old rusty wires, I don't trust the readings. Any help?
Carlos Ralon, RPT