[pianotech] green piano with bass bridge problem

Gary Doudna doudna440 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 17:48:53 MST 2010

Thanks, Barb,
After 30 years at EIU, I miss the interaction with the students (bassoonists
included), and even miss dealing with the sometimes cantankerous faculty.  I
could have left after one, or 15 years, but I enjoyed the job too much.
Back to the Betsy Ross by Grand Piano Co.  The pianos I was referring to
weren't Betsy Ross pianos, but Grand Pianos and had the Grand Piano decal,
had two string plain wire unisons, and I believe single bass string
"unisons".  The name "Grand Piano" must have caught people's eye.  Even so,
they weren't exactly popular.
Speaking of rarities, how many bassoon/harpsichord players do you know who
became RPT's?
Thanks again, Barb,
Gary

--