[pianotech] green piano with bass bridge problem

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 06:21:50 MST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Bruce Browning - The Piano Tuner <
justpianos at our.net.au> wrote:

> Tom, et al,
> So how long do we expect a piano to last anyway. We change our car at
> approx. 5yr intervals, TVs and computers last less

time now.

Change cars every five years? Whew, not me. I suppose I could "afford" it,
but one would lose a lot of money through depreciation if he replaces a car
that often. But ... if it's truly worn out, that's another thing.

I kept my 1999 Honda Accord for 11 years. It had 344K miles on it. It is
still in decent running condition, but I was ready to replace. My sister is
driving it now.

Just got a Subaru Outback a month ago, and plan on driving it for 10-12
years. 25-28K miles a year is typical for me.

--
JF