[pianotech] Veterans

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Thu Nov 11 09:50:22 MST 2010

Check out what the main volunteer organization I belong to does for challenged vets and their families for the holidays:

http://www.vhcevent.org/

I've been doing this since it started really small; I was the entertainment manager for many years. The beautiful thing about this celebration is that it's not political; not about us and them; not about judgement and division; this is about honoring those men and women who have literally given something up---permanently---for me to sit here and type this. Just loving them, and thanking them; giving them a feast, and some recognition, and some little gifts at the end. There's a huge VA facility in west L.A., and a lot of vets who came back with huge life challenges. New statistics tell us that combat veterans have a far higher incidence of PTSD and other related neuro-medico-psychological challenges than anyone realized; these men and women need all the support they can get. Praise and recognition are crucial to every person. Looking a vet in the eye and saying, "Good job.
I appreciate it. Thank you..." can be a huge gift.....

Thank you to everyone who has served in the armed forces...you have put yourselves on the line for what you believe in, and I have the utmost respect for that. Actions speak a thousand times louder than words.

DA