[pianotech] green piano with bass bridge problem

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 11 14:06:53 MST 2010

Don't laugh. You should see what they do at the local university piano
sale each year.  A local dealer makes an agreement with the university
- my understanding is that they give a percent of the sales to the
school for letting them use the floor space. Then this local dealer
(they sell pianos built in NY) trucks over all the pianos they've had
trouble selling, AND oodles of other dealers (that sell this same
brand of piano made in NY) all around the country (or at least the
southeast, midwest and northeast) ship their been-sittin'-on-the-
showroom-floor-too-many-years pie-anners down to the local university.
Well, I shouldn't say they "ship" them exactly - that sounds too
professional - actually they load them onto semi trailers and truck
them down to Tampa - and so as not to be late for the show, they get
here a week early where they sit in the trailer for the better part of
a week. Oh, and did I mention that this annual sale is conducted in
July? In Tampa, Florida? 95-degree, sunny most of the day with
thunderstorms and tons of rain in the late afternoon Tampa? Sitting in
the trailer in the HOT Florida sun in July high-humidity Tampa?

What are these jokers thinking?

Terry Farrell