[pianotech] epoxy problems - was green piano

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 18:59:56 MST 2010

Just curious Ron, did you use West System epoxy? Did you use fillers?
If so, what kind? How did you measure your 5:1 mixing ratio? I don't
like the pumps at all for measuring. I always use a good scale. And in
the case of mixing up smaller batches, it becomes more and more
mandatory to measure with a good scale. Temperature can also be an
issue - was it cold?

I'll look at work tomorrow (yes, I'm finally back, but still working on getting
benefits restored...) I'm pretty sure it was West System, no fillers, temp
around 70ish.  Left it overnight to cure.  I'm sure there was user error; though
I do remember getting out the little digital scale and trying to do it right  ;-)

Knowing me, I probably did a 1:1 mix....

Ron Koval
chicagoland