[pianotech] no.14 tuning pins! Don't fool around with a loose pinblock!

perrys piano restorations perrymark at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 21:10:41 MST 2010

Hello All!

Yes it's true!  In this economy who can afford to do the whole rebuild on grandma's old piano?  Well, I have the solution!  The number 14 tuning pin boasts a much larger diameter than that no.2, and not only that, it's 7" long!  Thats right.... seven inches long!  this pin will never slip, never break off, and is designed to reach into that "new wood" a tuning pin needs to become tight like new.  For example, the other day instead of rebuilding a steinway D, I simply drove in #14 pins.... now there was no new wood to be had in that old old pinblock, but NO WORRIES!  I sunk the pins 1" into the keyframe below and WHALAH!  NEW WOOD!  Tell your customer "DON'T FOOL AROUND, LETS PUT IN THE PIN THAT NEVER EVER SLIPS!"

P.S. while you are still processing this new discovery, please remember the Perry Piano Co. hand carved legs, lyres, and filligree racks, new lids, exotic veneers, and custom millwork for the piano industry.  (as well as that wonderful new #14 pin - of course)

Just call Mark at 434-665-5742 or 434-993-3919 to place parts orders, and mention the #14 pins and I will give free shipping with your order.  www.carvedpianoparts.com  God Bless.