[pianotech] Imagine

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri Nov 12 10:07:25 MST 2010

On 11/12/2010 4:59 AM, Ron Nossaman wrote:
> On 11/11/2010 11:47 PM, Susan Kline wrote:
>

>> It's certainly not for the money. >
> It isn't?

Decidedly not. The money is not remarkable. Sometimes one even loses
money from making the attempt, compared to ordinary tuning taking the
same amount of time.  It's partly the happiness provided to one's
customer, and partly the thrill of the chase. The feeling of power over
circumstance. No doubt partly conceit when one wins after others
wouldn't even try.
>> So, in the unlikely event you book work on one of these wrecks by
>> mistake, what are you going to do? Waste your time going to the house by
>> doing nothing once there?
>

> Yes, just that.
> Ron N

Your choice, Ron. You do some other things exceedingly well. If this
kind of work doesn't float your boat, that's okay. Just don't assume
that the repairs I did were unworkable, or that I bled too much money
from impoverished customers to do them, from greed.

Susan