[pianotech] No jack position adjustment on older Steinway A.

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 19:38:22 MST 2010

I consulted with a client today about his early 1900's Steinway A. The
client has been unhappy with the heavy touch, so one of the things I checked
was jack postion. I then discovered that there was no adjustment for the
jack position! This is the first time I've seen this.

I'm thinking maybe the easiest way to adjust it is to put a paper shim on
the back of the jack. Any other ideas? How unusual is this?

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter