[pianotech] Brambach to rebuild?

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 18:12:25 MST 2010

I do not remember that Brambach's were known for plate failure. That would
certainly make one hesitate before taking a project on. Perhaps it would be
an argument for lowering the overall tension on the piano. I wonder if the
plate problems were a result of a design issue or a casting issue? Or both?
How many of these have you actually come across in your years of rebuilding?
Is it enough to make a broad generalization? We sometimes have to be careful
about extrapolating from a limited sample: There were many hundreds of
thousands of these pianos produced.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter