[pianotech] Brambach to rebuild?

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Mon Nov 15 08:25:29 MST 2010

Interesting. I've come across quite a few Brambach's over the years. I've
not yet seen one with a plate failure. The one I have now is suffering from
severe rim delamination, though. (Of course, it's been sitting out in front
of the store building serving as a planter for three winters-we're taking
bets on whether it will last a fourth.)

I'd still tackle the project under the conditions of my original post and
for the same reasons. Since I'd be dropping the tensions some I can't see
how I'd have a problem. The whole point, of course, is that in the normal
course of events these things are not worthy of consideration for the
scenario I described. If they were worthy they would, by definition, be
disqualified. And I still think it would be interesting to compare the
results with those "better" pianos costing upwards of $55K.

If this conversation continues I might have to track the thing down and buy
it myself. (And look for an apprentice at the same time..)

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication

620 South Tower Avenue