[pianotech] Little Everett Grands - was: Heller bass strings

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Wed Nov 17 09:56:19 MST 2010

The bridge in your photo is about exactly where mine ended up. You cheated.

I toyed with cutting the bass loose, but didn't. It works pretty well
without it. I was trying to keep things simple; I wanted every done to be
things the average rebuilder could do without fear and trepidation.

The front string termination is the same throughout. The bass and tenor
section have removable capo tastro bars, the treble capo tastro is part of
the casting. The termination angles and lengths are pretty much the same
through each section. Thankfully no attempt was made to "tune" the string
duplex segments-which helps to account for its excellent sustain through the
killer octave region. See the attached photos.

I measured the length of mine (with the lid removed) from the tail to a
vertical line dropped down in front of the keybed. No molding on the upper
part of the rim. Could have stretched the keybed, though.

On a side note; agrafe is spelled with one "g" and one "f" and capo tastro
is spelled "capo tastro."

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication