[pianotech] Plate finish problems

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 09:14:30 MST 2010

Thanks Ron/Terry/ Al/ Greg and all who responded with suggestions.
  Ron...To be clear I wasn't about to leave any of the old finish on.  Ever things gotta go before the primer/magic wand/ filler/whatever is employed.  I wonder if the original japanning process is difficult or that specialized that it couldn't be replicated for plate jobs.
  Just think blast the crap off every plate and then pour on the japanning and start over.
  Something else to add to my wish list along with a keyboard pounder.

Dale S. Erwin