[pianotech] A.B.Chase Grand Piano

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Fri Nov 26 10:12:23 MST 2010

Hello Clark,

      This action was  ( I think)  used  only by A. B. Chase. At least I
have never seen or heard of it in any other  brand.

   Chase probability had it made custom by W.N.G.. I have never  found
a pat. number to verify this..  I read a piece that Morris  Steinert wrote
where
he mention this invention.  The most notable thing about  this action that
I found (even old and worn) was that it was still  operating  quietly.

    I built a model of this action with original parts.  It  on display in
the PTG
Foundation Museum in  K. City now  along with 30  odd other rare models.
    The parts I  have came from a model T T-1  A.  B. Chase which  is a
6'1".

  Clark, I would like to know what model yours is. It is  usually cast in
the
plate extreme back, bass side.  It helps to know exactly what piano we  are
discussing and the Ser. #.

  As a side note based of 50 odd years as a rebuilder  is that  A.B.Chase
is
one of the very best grands ever built.

   Also,  Walter Lane of "Bush @ Lane"  worked for  the  A. B. Chase Co.
for four years before starting to make the best uprights ever  built.

Regards,

Jack Wyatt
Dallas Chapter

In a message dated 11/25/2010 8:58:38 P.M. Central Standard Time,