[pianotech] A.B.Chase Grand Piano

Mark Wisner mjwisner at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 27 05:08:00 MST 2010

I worked on a (1920's?) 6'8""Gerold" grand piano years ago that had this wippen/lever/knuckle arrangement.  The action was marked "Schwander".  The action worked well, but because of wear on the lever leather and the need for new hammers and shanks, I removed the lever and went with a conventional knuckle arrangement.  I remember being elated that I didn't have to make many changes in the action as I was able to get get knuckles that were the same height as the levers I removed.

Mark Wisner

the >From: "Clark A. Sprague" <csprague4 at woh.rr.com>