[pianotech] Client Management Software Recommendations

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sun Oct 3 20:13:58 MDT 2010

Hi Terry:

I have not used it yet in my business, but I downloaded a free 30 day trial
and played with it.  It looks pretty simple and easy to use. A more
important question would be can it recognize and import the file format from
PTBiz?.  It does recognize the Dbase IV format of my ancient version of
Lotus Approach I am still thinking about purchasing it.  The price is around
$300.  Since I can get a legal copy of  MS Office Professional 2010, which
has Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Powerpoint, One Note, and Access the
database for $310 to $325, that is probably the better way to go (I have
downloaded a 60 day trial of MS Office Pro and like it so far).

I also purchased a copy of Windows 7 Professional with the desire to
download the XP compatibility mode so that I could use some legacy XP apps.
I and others have complained about what an unstable WCPOS XP and Vista are.
Based on the recommendation of a couple of my software developer customers
who work at home, I decided to buy it.  I have found it to be extremely
stable, with none of the warts we all know and love about earlier Home
versions of Windows.  Office 2010 seems to have fewer warts also.  So the
$90 I spent for the upgrade seems a worthwhile way to end the drama.

Will Truitt