[pianotech] Client Management Software Recommendations

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Oct 4 11:40:55 MDT 2010

Hi David! Thanks for the response. I've enjoyed my past 10+ years with
the dinosaur named PTBiz. What I like about it is that I have my
client database, with three or four clicks I can have an appointment
scheduled when they call (the appointment will have dat/time, piano,
service history, appointment tasks, directions, etc. After my
appointment, one click turns the appointment on my calendar into an
invoice (manually add services rendered). And then after that I can
enter payments, or track past due amounts if they didn't pay that day.
I can generate reports of how many/who's pianos I have serviced over a
month or year. I can generate accounts receivable reports, etc. I can
also generate call lists (a list of people who are due for their
yearly service call).

 From what you are saying about Daylite for Mac coupled with
QuickBooks, it appears you can do much of what I'm currently doing on
PTBiz. Can it do everything I've listed? More?

I was looking at PianoScheduler - it looks really nice and is ready-
made. Pricey though.......

You were one of my fellow techs who told me (and I thought about) in
the past (couple/few years ago - Rochester?) that your experience was
that hiring administrative help really was a boon to your business. It
may take me a long time to do some things, but eventually I get there!

Thanks!

Terry Farrell