[pianotech] Lost client due to "on hold" music!

Mark Purney mark.purney at mesapiano.com
Tue Oct 5 10:09:01 MDT 2010

  I just had to share this one:

One of our business lines plays music while the caller waits to be
transferred. The default music for this particular phone service happens
to be Brubeck's "Take Five," one of the most recognizable jazz
recordings in history.

When we checked our messages yesterday, this is a message left by a
potential client, word for word:

"I heard your recording. It's like a piano that's out of tune. It's
disgusting to hear it. So forget it."

My head wants to explode on so many levels.