[pianotech] Tips for restoration of a 1926 Knabe grand?

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Oct 8 17:12:28 MDT 2010

I agree that pre-Aeolian Knabes are excellent structures. I recently
did one from 1895 - magnificent piano. However, this piano is a 1926.
If my memory serves me correctly, Aeolian bought Knabe within a few
years of the turn of the 20th Century. A 1926 Knabe is solidly from
the Aeolian era. Still reasonably well built pianos, but nothing like
they were in the 1890s.

Terry Farrell