[pianotech] Tips for restoration of a 1926 Knabe grand?

Joe DeFazio defaziomusic at verizon.net
Fri Oct 8 17:12:18 MDT 2010

> From: "Roger Gable" <roger at gablepiano.com>
> Date: October 8, 2010 4:32:09 PM EDT
>
> Et al,
> Sorry about my negative comment about the Knabe. For some reason my mind was thinking Chickering instead of Knabe. My comment about the philosophy still stand.
> Roger Gable

Dang digest!  Hadn't gotten this before my last post, so, sorry Roger.  And, it's easy to conflate Knabe with Chickering, since they became one more-or-less happy family in Rochester.  One of my friends calls them K-chickerings, or K'chickeramlins (Mason & Hamlins were built there too).  Some of the models from that era do seem to be fairly interchangeable....

Joe DeFazio
Pittsburgh

P.S. -  is that your grand tilter in the journal, Roger?  Looks pretty cool.