[pianotech] Tips for restoration of a 1926 Knabe grand?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Oct 8 22:59:54 MDT 2010

On 10/8/2010 2:40 PM, Nora Somer wrote:

> Ron, I already knew what your opinion would be, so I appreciate your
> relatively low-key response! ;-)

Well, I admit I'm baffled that the question/concept comes up so often,
when neither the question, nor the answers change over time. Maybe it's
time to look at this from the other direction. How can one rebuild an
out of production piano and still keep it original enough to qualify as
authentic and unadulterated? So far, no one wondering about the
authenticity of a rebuild has offered a means of achieving this. This
could make you famous. <G>
Ron N