[pianotech] Of Chisels

Les Koltvedt t4348lk at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 05:51:55 MDT 2010

The kind of sparks given off when grinding will give you a hint at to what kind
of steel your dealing with. Here's one site I found describing the different
sparks.  http://www.capeforge.com/Spark%20testing.html

I've always heard that a sharp tool is a safe tool.  There's no better feeling
then pushing a  chisel that you've sharpened through some wood and it slides
like butter.

Les